About Us

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Technology


Not only do I remember the movie “Back to the Future”, but my husband and I will be dressing in our best 1980s gear for a fun 5k run this Saturday. If our yellow lab would put on a Marty McFly jacket we would surely win the race. Technology has transformed my schooling in the past ten years. In college, laptops were rampant throughout the dorms, but rarely brought to class. Now in dental school we are issued the same laptop throughout the entire student body. All of my textbooks are available at the click of a mouse and I can fit multiple encyclopedias in my backpack. Most of our records are kept electronically. This has many advantages, but also various disadvantages. Often in clinic we see many students asking questions, back turned and facing a computer. The patient interaction becomes a necessity and being drawn away from the advancing technology is always needed.
I love a break from the high tech gadgets, but also cannot imagine being in dental school or everyday life without technology! 

No comments:

Post a Comment