About Us

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Do dentist's children have fewer cavities?

Winter break from the local school district is in the final week, so we're seeing a lot of school age children in our office. After examining the teeth of two young pre-teen girls, I had to tell their mom that both girls had cavities. The youngest actually had many teeth with decay. Mom was quite unhappy, and more than a bit irritated. "Apparently I have to still supervise their brushing and flossing," she sighed. Then she asked me, "Did your children get cavities? I bet not." I chuckled, remembering how often I had to cajole our oldest daughter into taking better care of her pearly whites. Our youngest daughter is now in dental school herself, so is pretty good in the brushing and flossing category.

I laughed some more when this article came across my email http://www.buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/things-youll-only-know-if-your-parents-were-dentists

No comments:

Post a Comment