About Us

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Floss Your Teeth


Last night my mom called me excited and wondered if I had viewed her recent facebook find, "20 Things You'll Only Know if Your Parents Were Dentists". While I find most buzzfeed articles hilarious and often scarily true (search for 22 lies disney told you about hair), the parents as dentists article rang far from correct. I feel if any buzzfeed would be true it would be the one that coincided with both of my parents being dentists. While I can't gripe over blogs, especially as I post my own, I can share my own ideas of what you only know if your parents were dentists.
First, the dental office is amazing. Sure, most people see 175 Cadillac as a place with the drill spinning and maybe a painful injection; however my older sister and I spent more than a few Sunday afternoons drinking Donald Duck orange juice and watching Big on a small roll out TV. Also, no one has flossing guilt. Toothbrushes are plentiful in a dental household and dental conventions are full of amazing products! You chew sugar free gum AND drink sugar free soda.
The most important thing to know if your parents are dentists is "Only Floss the Teeth You Want to Keep".
I think this may be written under the Brosy Crest (the seal, not the toothpaste)

4 comments:

  1. A few to add as well....

    1. Dentist kids know how to answer the phone professionally (you never know if it's going to be a patient) and IF it is a patient you know to ask whether its hot or cold sensitive, if they have taken any pain medications for it, and how long the pain has lasted.

    2. Dentist's kids have spent more than one holiday at the office due to a patient's tooth emergency

    3. Out of town guest forgot their toothbrush? No worries, dentist's kids have at least half a dozen or more in the medicine cabinet

    Maybe Dr. Erin and I should write our own Buzzfeed submission about the 20 best things about being a Dentist's kid? it would be hard to narrow it to just 20 though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Canadian Dental Association Flossing removes plaque and bacteria that you cannot reach with your toothbrush. If you don't floss, you are missing more than one-third of your tooth surface. Plaque is the main cause of gum disease. It is an invisible bacterial film that develops on your teeth every day.
    Dentist in Hamilton

    ReplyDelete